At Sam Dong, we are a domestic producer of oxygen-free, high-conductivity (OFHC) copper rods. We use these materials to manufacture components suitable for use in a variety of industries and applications. One of our core product offerings is copper strips, which are utilized in everything from automobiles to industrial machines (e.g., generators) to decorative elements.
Our Copper Strips
Copper strips are made from purified copper material formed into components with a set width. Due to the inherent properties of copper, the components exhibit numerous characteristics that make them suitable for use in various industrial applications, such as:
- Excellent electrical conductivity
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- Excellent workability and ductility
- Good biofouling resistance
- Good corrosion resistance
- Good machinability
Long copper strips can be produced using two methods. The traditional method involves welding individual shorter pieces with the proper width to form a single piece of the desired length. The resulting components have visible seams where they were welded together. The Sam Dong method uses rolling mills to produce very long strips (VLS). The resulting components are seamless, making them ideal for situations where strength and/or appearance are critical.
Our VLS copper strip capabilities include:
- Alloys — C10100, C10200, C10500, C10700, and C12200
- Gauges — .008 to .040 in. ± 0.0003 in. (.200 to 1.0 mm ± 0.0076 mm)
- Widths — .500 to 3.00 in. ± 0.003 in. (12.5 to 76.0 mm ± 0.076 mm)
- Traverse Wound Packages — 3,000 to 8,000 lbs. (1,400 to 3,640 kg)
- Pancake Coils —
- 10 to 16 in. (250 to 405 mm) inner diameter
- 60 in. (1,525 mm) outer diameter – Annealed
- 90 in. (2,300 mm) outer diameter – Hard
Industrial Applications of Copper Strips
Copper strips find use in many industries and applications. For example;
- In the automotive industry, they are used for a variety of automobile components and systems, such as electric windows, starter motors, and windshield wipers.
- In the construction industry, they are used to protect outdoor structures, such as domes, doors, gutters, and roofs, from the elements.
- In the consumer goods industry, they are used as components of various electrical and electronic devices, such as computers (e.g., disc drives and fans) and home appliances (e.g., dishwashers, fridges, vacuum cleaners, and washing machines).
- In the industrial equipment industry, they are used for heat exchangers, heat sinks, and other components of equipment (e.g., generators).
Contact the Experts at Sam Dong for Your Copper Strip Needs
Sam Dong is a premier manufacturer and distributor of high-quality OFHC products. Equipped with extensive metal fabrication, component manufacturing, and engineering and design experience and integrated with cast stations, drawing machines, and rolling mills, our customers know they can trust us to provide raw materials and finished components that meet their needs. Whether you’re looking for copper strips or another copper product, our team has got you covered. We’ll deliver the best quality with the shortest delivery time.